Thursday, September 6, 2012

White Water Rafting!!!

We had the extremely exhilarating opportunity, through Brent's work, to go White water rafting!!! I was a little nervous. To me this was up there with skydiving and although I've done that I'm not sure I would not be so willing to do it again now that I am a mom. Call me boring, responsible...I just don't want my kids to be left without parents. ANYWAY! We had a BLAST!! We went with a group of 6rafts full of people in a caravan down the river! Each raft had a guide that does this a few times everyday so I felt pretty good about it!! Brent and I chose to be in the front, which I totally recommend! We got to see every turn, rock and drop coming up and we definitely got the brunt of everything. We got SOAKED and were jostled around all over! SO FUN THOUGH!! About half way down we got out of the raft and could either jump off a cliff into the river OR climb down. We both opted to jump! LOVED it! Then a way further down we went off a 3-4 foot waterfall and thought that was crazy! Then at the end had the option of going off a 13 foot waterfall!!! We went ahead and did that too!! Practiced a lot for that! So glad I did it! It was AWESOME!!  We got some great pictures of our adventure!

Here they are in chronological order going down the HUGE waterfall! 
Row, row, row that raft!!
Going off the edge! HOLD ON TIGHT!!

 Keep hold !!
 Completely submerged as they warned us we would be!!!

 Oh good...we popped back up on top, not upside down!
 WHAT A RUSH!!! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!.....ok maybe wait a bit... lol!



1 comment:

Justin and Camille said...

you have some SEROUS thrill issues! ;) JK. WOW! talk about fun, adventurous parents! That seriously looks like a BLAST! where can I sign up?