Thursday, November 12, 2009

$1 Halloween

Our Halloween was FULL of fun!! We recently moved into our awesome ward that had a ward party and a friend in the ward that had a party and then of course our Curtis Halloween carnival!
This was, as you saw from the title, our $1 Halloween. I bought a $1 sports coat at Savers for Brent (but of course the sleeves were too short for him, so I took those in) Then I was able to get a lab coat from my brother that he didn't need anymore. I was able to take it in, shorten, take off the patches and reattatch the pockets. Then I used my scrubs and smartened up with some fake glasses. So who exactly were we? Dr House and Cameren, his assistant Doctor of course!! Brent, by the way, made an AWESOME "House"!! He was super sarcastic with everyone, was limping and popping pills all night!! He was great!!

Porter insisted on being a dog that I had gotten from a friend. It was a little small but it worked. So naturally I made a "Dog Catcher" costume for Mason. Used an old hat to say dog catcher with a picture of a dog and then found some of his old cargo shorts to make his vest. It worked really well actually, just cut the front open and the pockets for his arms. Then used all the patches from the lab coat! I felt somewhat creative. Not as creative as last year but it worked great!

(this is the best picture I got of Porters Dog costume)
The dog catcher is taking in the Dog!!
This was just too cute...he was actually cooperating when we were at the picture booth
My vest creation out of shorts

6 comments:

Brimhall Bunch said...

What super cute costumes ideas! Never would have thought to cut up shorts to make a jacket

The Owens said...

You are super creative!! Cute!

The Inspired said...

Lol well that must have been a very fun halloween.I bet the four of you had fun. :)

Unknown said...

If I were to wager a guess at why, I’d say that users don’t “browse” forms. The interaction style users engage in with forms is different, and requires its own study and design best practices. This is a very interesting post, and the comments are also fantastic to read. I’ll have poses to have a little re-think about my own contact form on our new website, as this some interesting questions!
work overseas

Christian Hymon said...

hi, i really enjoy reading your blog. you're an excellent writer. read mine and see what you think. thanks for your posts! =)
Air Max Chaussures

Air Max Chaussures

Air Max 1 Chaussures

Air Max light chaussures

Air Max 90 chaussures

Air 180 chaussures

Air classic BW chaussures

Air max 93 chaussures

Air max 95 chaussures

Air max 97 chaussures

ED Hardy

Air max 360 chaussures

Air Max Schuhe

Air Max 2009 Schuhe

Air max ltd chaussures

Air max tn chaussures


thanks for the post,and be keeping eyes on it.

cristi said...

U are so inspired!!