Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Bday Porter

I'm sure every child is this way...but Porter was so excited for his bday and was looking forward to it for weeks! Porter has thi special bond with bugs lately weather it's a fly, cricket, lizard or worm he and the creepy crawly have an instant bond. For example they will crawl on his shoulders and hands forever. We thought the fly's wings didn't work one time but brent flicked it and away it flew. Just wanted to hang out with Porter for a while...interesting

So Anyways, we decided to have a Bug Party for his 4th bday! It turned out pretty good.

We took fly swatters used bubbles as flys to swat as many as we could
We ate Dirt cake with works and bugs crawling out of it. I even made my first icecream cake and it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

He got so many fun presents!! It was funny to try to open them with him. All the kids just wanted to open their present they were supposed to give to him. It was cracking me up. I had a hard time keeping track of what present went into what gift bag, they just kept getting into them. Thanks all for your gifts! They were great!
We were able to get 2,000 lady bugs from a garden store and at the very end had a live lady bug release! It was exciting to try to catch them and put them in their little bug catchers we gave them!
FUN STUFF!! Happy birthday My sweet Porter! I sure LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Alexa Mae said...

What a fun fun party! I can't believe he's already 4. Time needs to slow down. You have cute boys, girlie!

Cori said...

What a great idea for a party! I LOVE the lady bug live release. Very fun!

Brianne said...

you are so creative! Cute bug party. I especially loved the swatting of the bubbles with the fly swatters. CUTE!

The Scotts said...

I thought the icecream cake was awesome! You can make one for my birthday!