Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Confused and Loved!

This all started when Porter was just a wee lad...you know the belly button, aka beep beep stage. So here we are learning body parts, eyes, nose, mouth, knees and toes. Even singing "head shoulders, knees and toes..." and we come to something new. What is this? Is it an owee? Is it more "beep beeps"? No, they are nipples. As of recently, however, he thinks every bump is a nipple. He got bug bites on his feet and came to show me, "mommy, my nipples on my feet hurt". A bit confused at first, but didn't take long to realize what he was talking about.

Yesterday at the dinner table we were sitting next to each other and I put my feet on his seat and (not that I should let the whole world know I have this) he saw the wart on my knee and said "mommy is that your nipple?"
I just laughed. He then looked at me and, with a puzzled face, asked "Why are you laughing mamma?"
"Oh nothing",
"mommy don't say that....why are you laughing?"

So I explained that its not a nipple. Needless to say I did not get a laugh out of him. I loved the "mommy don't say that...why are you laughing?" There was rerun when I laughed at Mason's cheeks full of food. He won't take a brush off answer. I love this little man more and more. There may be poop smeered all over the house, blue marker in his hair, games strewn around the family room and tears from being too rough with little brother (yes, all in one day) but I sure love him! He is so forgiving and loves being good. How can one not feel loved or needed when her little boys yells "mommy, mommy" at night with a bad dream and then after he has fallen asleep again wakes up just enough to say "mommy I love you" and then off to snoring again. Or when he gets hurt all he wants is mommy! My little blue eyed boy is such a sweetheart and I love him!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

haha!!!! That is so funny! I am sitting in class and trying really hard not attract attention as I try not to laugh! Thank you for sharing!

Brianne said...

I think its so funny that he wont take brush off answers. Most kids do. He must be a very curious kid. Good luck with that. :0)