Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our Cuise Part 2- On Land

For some reason, no matter how amazing the ship was and that there was tons to do and eat on the ship there was an excitement about getting to our destinations! It was fun to explore walk around and hang out.

Our first stop was Cata
lina, California. Getting on and off the boat was one of the coolest parts. We were anchored down so they literally had little boats come right up to the cruise ship, which had and open staircase to the ocean. We walked down the stairs and onto our little boat taxi, free of course, and over to land. Brent did a little research and found a place we could rent snorkel gear for a fraction of the cruise price. We walked down to "lover Cove", put on our gear and snorkeled for a couple hours. It was my first time and very cool. It was amazing how you just didn't get tired. We ate lunch, returned our gear, walked around the island a bit and back temporary home. It was so nice and relaxing! I loved it!



Look at that...AMAZING!SNORKELING!! LOVED IT!!

That's our boat back there! Isn't that guy cute!

Next stop Ensenada, Mexico. This was a very touristy spot, mostly just for shopping, drinking and of course their fish tacos! I was really looking forward to the shopping part. I was a little disappointed, but I found some fun jewlry and even got pretty good at bargaining. Brent was busy talking to all the local and having fun using his Spanish again. It was funny when they would turn to me and talk to me in Spanish. No hablo espano (I know that's all wrong). I was actually surprised how much I caught when they were talking though. Fish tacos were good. I am so not used to the spicey salsa though. Brent got his statue, he collects from every countrey he visits and also got a good deal on a hammock.

Thier flag was increadibly huge!

Fish Tacos...YUMM

Shopping!

No comments: