Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Picnic

A few weeks ago the weather was ok by 5pm so Brent called me and asked if we wanted to go have a picnic! I Jumped at the idea! Ceasar Chavez park is literally a minute away with a pretty pond, ducks, playgrounds and walkways to ride bikes. So I quickly put together a portable dinner with fried chicken, potatoe wedges, watermelon and rolls. It was like a real southern picnic. We loaded up bikes, picnic blanket, dinner and the kids into the car. We had a great time! Mason loved going off to run after the ducks that were as big or bigger than him and Porter had fun riding his bike all over. We even we searching for a geo cache, but didn't find it :( ! It was such a fun thing to do together!



2 comments:

Joyzelle said...

Looks like a fun time. I noticed you still use your picnic quilt too.

Brianne said...

I love spur of the moment picnics. I guess I am a picnic girl. I am impressed that you put together such a great meal in so little time. Fried chicken even? You're awesome. I would be afraid of all those ducks trying to take off with all the good food!