Monday, July 5, 2010

Doctor Ed Preschool

This was the most fun Preschool day! I taught the kids about doctors and nurses and what they do. First I brought in my "doctor" bag and they took turns picking out instruments and learning what they are used for. We got to hear our heart beats and, take our temperature and all sorts of fun stuff. Then each child got to make his own doctor bag out of paper and we stapled a zip lock bag in them with some cotton balls, bandaides, cotton swabs, and tongue depressors in it. I then took some paper and traced each child's hand, arm and some feet and gave them "owies" with a red sharpie marker. They then got to play doctor and clean up the wound and put bandaides on them. I was so impressed with how well they clened and dressed their wounds. Even Mason was into it and really good at getting those bandaides right on the "owies". I hope if nothing else they will be comfortable going to their next doctors appointment. Getting a future doctor out of one of my boys would just be PLUS! lol


No comments: