Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Poor Mason...again

We were excited to be home Sunday afternoon from Flagstaff and ready to go in and eat a late lunch. Brent was just closing the car door and Mason insisted on helping. Instead he got his poor little finger caught in the door. Brent handed the bleeding boy over to me and said it's his finger. I was trying to get an idea how bad it really was and why he was bleeding all over the place. We decided it was just too deep and may need stitches so we loaded back into the car and headed to urgent care. 3 hours and 3 stitches later we headed home. I'm afraid to head up north again with that boy after his hand burning the last time. Poor guy. Both times he fell asleep by the time we got to the ER or Urgent care. So although Mason and I had blood all over us he was sleeping so I felt like I had to say, I promise we DID need to come in to get him looked at. I'm always afraid I'm being overly concerned, but both times it was good we took him in. Mason was such a trooper. He was such a big boy laying on the table to be examined and then letting us hold him down for the doctor to give him lidocaine. The next time however he knew better and fought having to lay there. It was heart breaking to see him begging for mommy and daddy to help him.





1 comment:

Brianne said...

Seriously, you people have the worst luck!