Thursday, February 26, 2009

More medical Mysteries



I think maybe my kids have a medical mystery gene of some sort ;). They both came down with something really odd that wasn't passed on (that I'm aware of) or spread to them by anyone I'm aware of. First they got a fever, then white lesions all over their mouth (kindof like tons of white cold sores) preventing them to be able to really eat much. It was weird how the first couple bits were excruciating and then if I could convince them to eat more it wasn't as bad. Almost like they were right on their salivary glands but once the gland was open it wasn't as bad. Then came the rash first on the bottom and anywhere the diaper was and then on the arms. We don't currently have insurance so we didn't take them in. Plus the routine with us is usually poking and prodding, drawing blood with no conclusion. Oh well it went away in a few days anyway. I'm glad they are eating and feeling better!!! :)

2 comments:

US said...

That is so weird. I know 2 other people who had the same symptoms

Nikaela said...

Sounds exactly like Thrush which is a type of yeast infection. Did it go away? Because from what I've read you can treat it at home with diluted grapeseed extract, monistat cream or another topical antifungal, shallow diluted cider vinegar baths, a low sugar diet and lots of sugar free yogurt.