Friday, February 27, 2009

Valentines Day at the Dunes

So for Valentines Day my sweet sister Jenelle and friend Heidi watched our boys so we could have an adventurous couple of days. It was lots of fun and extremely freaky. Obviously we are well aware that having a little fun on a quad can turn into months of pain and hospital bills. However we played it safe and no one got hurt. It's so different riding around in these huge piles and bowls of sand than it is to drive around in the desert. The sand is plays all sorts of tricks on the eyes. It looks safer and scarier that it really is! You would go up a very gradual hill only to meet a cliff on the other side. You just never knew what to expect. I rode the little 350 around while the other 3 had a 400 and 500's, I felt like my little guy couldn't handle lots of the stuff theirs could. Of course Brent would prove me wrong over and over again making it over ANY and EVERTHING and then gave it back for me to do. Did I mention the weather was PERFECT? It was overcast and just beautiful! Such a differnt landscape I tell ya.

Heres Brent in a jump. (I did that one too and must have done it not as good cause I FLEW and landed nice and hard...of course there is no picture to prove it:) )

Our little group with a couple of extras (minus Michelle who is taking the picture)

Isn't that beautiful!?...sorry ladies he's taken ;)

Off for a little night ride...BYE!!

7 comments:

Da Browns said...

So you'll never guess what Jon now has... A 4x4 pathfinder...And you know how crazy he can be (thanks to you guys, we didn't end up spending the night in the desert) I tell you it's scary! He said he wished we had the 4x4 in AZ so we could've gone out with you crazy kids more! If he see's this post, he's totally gonna want one of those!

The Roberts Family said...

love the dunes!

BUIS LIFE... said...

We passed the dunes on the way to San Diego & they look like lots of fun. How fun that you got to do that!

Alexa Mae said...

you guys do the funnest things! im so jealous! you are so cute.

Steph said...

Dang you posted a ton in the past week!!! Fun! You two are brave to try the quads out so soon!

Michelle said...

That was a fun trip! Thank you for coming with us! Next time we will need to start planning it sooner but it was lots of FUN!!!

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Looks like fun... I gotta say brent is very brave to be riding like that given what happened before. I don't think I would do it again if it were me