Thursday, May 26, 2011

Canning!!

>

So for our relief Society activity tonight I am teaching how to can Chicken in the pressure cooker. I thought I'd better how before I taught it. I have canned chicken several times with my mom but never on my own and those pressure cookers kindof make me nervous, having the potential to blow up and all. So last night I finally got around to playing with it. I did some fun experimenting with it and didn't get done till around 1:30AM. I figure if I can successfully pressure cook at that time I can teach it any time! ;) It turned out fun and I can't wait to see how it all tastes!
My experiements included:
Chicken
Italian Seasoned ground beef
Taco Seasoned ground beef
Bacon & Beans (pinto)
Nana's beans (pinto beans with chili powder, diced chilies, ground beef, garlic and tom sauce)
Stew Basics (Potatoes, carrots, corn and tomatoe sauce)
Potatoes and carrots
Pork N Beans (Pinto beans, tomatoe sauce, Karo Syrup and some bacon)

We'll see how they taste!!!!! How exciting!!!!

No comments: