Wednesday, September 24, 2008

He FIXES...She BREAKS


Brent is so good at fixing everything! I don't ever have to make a 'honey do' list because he goes and fixes is right when I mention a problem. Procrastination is something I'm working on, but getting better with such a great example from my husband. Anyway, Brent fixed the brakes on out '02 Ford Focus yesterday, Porter was very excited (he loves LOVES cars) and was going around saying "Daddy fix car!!". So we drive to ASU (our hour commute) and everything is working great, yeah Brent. Before I drop him off he realized he had left his phone at home, uh oh. I get about 1/4 of a mile away, and am about to turn left onto Rurul from University (very busy area) when car stops excelerating and stops, but wait the gas tank is over half full. I, the mechanical genious that I am, put the car in park turn the key and push on the gas repeating several times. Nothing. Not really sure what to do, in the middle of heavy traffic, two kids in the back, no way to get a hold of Brent and it's getting hotter and hotter, since the AC is now off. I call my dad (who is always ready to drop anything anytime to give someone a hand, esp me, or that's what it feels like :) ) and is on the other side of town but heads over to my rescue. Sweet Michelle is also on her way to pick us all up. I have by hazard lights on but am extremely surprised how long it takes for someone to ask if I needed help. I mean it was a good 5-10 mins, but I had not gotten ready, since I had to pack the family up in 15 min to get out the door, so I was a little embarrassed to have someone stop. He and his friend told me I had a ton of gas leaking and not to start the car. Great. They went and parked their car and then walked over to the middle of the street to see how they could help. I was very relieved since I didn't want to juggle both boys accross the steet. The girl grabbed Porter and I went and got Mason out. Someone else joined us by now and said he could help push the car. Boy was it hot outside! So the two guys went over and decided it was too dangerous with how much gas was everywhere. One had a similar thing happen to him recently and said DPS had to come out and then the fire department to check it out. Soon Michelle got there, we transferred the kids and then the cop showed up. He got my information and called for the fire department. Then the fire department showed up followed by dad. They stopped traffic, moved the car to a parking lot and stopped the leak. The firefighters (michelle was excited they were there) then cleaned up the gasoline, asked if I was ok and then left. The cop stayed till I had the tower on his way, helped us move the car again and then said goodbye. I'm sure that was definitly not an exciting part of his day but it sure goes down as that in by book. I finally got a hold of Brent online and we got it fixed. 8 hours and $500 later we were on our way home! Never assume it will be just an ordinary day. THANKS Everyone for being there for us. We love you all!

8 comments:

Alexa Mae said...

hey girl!! you look gorgeous of course!! and how cute is your baby!! i wonder what those spots were?? kinda scary! weird that we are kind of related by marriage now....in a really not sort of way. im glad your doing good!!

Makenzie Iorg said...

Kathryn, I'm so glad you started a blog. It looks like your family has been through a lot lately. You're boys are so cute. We should talk soon! Bowen is already 5 months. Check our our blog too!

Jacque said...

Go big or go home right darlin? I loved having lunch with you today! Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out with my mom and I :) Your boys are absolutely adorable and I had too much fun.

Joyzelle said...

Sure glad you are safe!!! We love you and are glad when we can be there for you just like you are for us! That's what family is for

Jen said...

okay i so didn't know that you had a blog! I love how nobody stops to help you when you need it. I have had that happen several times and my favorite is when a cop will drive by and i am standing on the side of the road and he doesn't stop. Good public service!!! glad you got everything fixed and that it all worked out well!!

Brianne said...

Your blog is cute and I love the new pictures you had taken of your cute family. Sounds like you have had a crazy summer. Hope things slow down for you.

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Wow that sounds like an eventful day! You have a beautiful family. The pictures on nyour blog are way cute!

BUIS LIFE... said...

Wow! What a crazy day! So glad you've joined the blogging world :)