Sunday, September 28, 2008

The way to a man's heart...

"The way to a mans heart is through his stomach", boy have I underestimated that statement, till recently. Brent loves new and different dishes I experiment with. Some people like to stick with the food they're familiar with, not Brent, he would rather have a new thing everyday. The best part is I seem to get the best compliments when I try something new, not just pertaining to food either. He gave me the best compliment the other day how I was the perfect woman and listed why, during another new dinner, of course. Now I know what to do when I'm feeling down...watch out Brent. :) We don't always have the same taste for food, he likes the more exotic stuff. A couple of days ago I made , a rather good, Greek Gyros and Salad. I'm always amazed with how simple these tasty recipes are, whether I stick it in the crock pot that morning or make it that night. Here are some of the meals we've had.

Swedish Crock-Pot

(this recipe is from 'Saving Dinners' cook book round steak strogonoff on wheat noodles with a side of steamed carrots and broccoli)
Penne alla Norma
(A delicious and simple Martha Steward recipe, that I got from Nikaela, with tomatoes, onions, eggplant, penne noodles, ricotta cheese and a side of garlic french bread)
Hazelnut Crusted Chicken with Gorgonzola Cheese
(This is a Rachel Ray recipe. ok so I used almonds instead, but this was a DELICIOUS meal! The chicken was so flavorful, esp with the sauce. I added Herb angel hair pasta with a spinach salad)
Chipotle Shrimp Taco with Avocado Salsa Verde
(A recipe I found online. Brent loved it. It's all homemade baby. We learned how to make tortillas at my mom's house the other day, the salsa is made from the recipe I got and after seasoning the shrimp Brent grilled them for me. Just assemble everything and Vwalah)

***To check out my new blog with more of our FAVORITE recipes click here***

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Sean likes the simple "safe" stuff. I can't get too creative or it scares him. It sounds like you have fun experimenting and if you get compliments from it that even better! You're awesome.

Jen said...

yummy!!! I am always scared to try something I haven't seen or heard somebody make. I want the Martha Stewart one and the Rachel Ray one. They looked soo yummy!! And make your own tortillas, you rock!1