Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A mothers intuitin...or maybe just a coincidence

I was refreshing my mothering knowledge by reading and something caught my eye that I actually told Brent, thinking how weird it was. A couple days later we were having dinner with the missionaries and I was trying to sooth, my normally very content, Mason, when I looked down and noticed the top of his middle toe was very red. Turns out, that was what I had just read, to physically check your baby if he is fussy because there was a mother who found one of her long hairs around her child's toe and after removing it he went right to sleep. I thought it odd at the time, but was just what I needed to know since it was so tight and we couldn't see that it was a hair till we really started digging, even made it bleed a little. It turned purple and somehow we got it out and within a few days his little toe was back to normal.

1 comment:

Joyzelle said...

Oh I remember that. Glad you caught it and took care of it.