Thursday, October 2, 2008

Simple Pleasures in life





Publish Post



I'm sure all kids are like this, but I always wonder why I try to get the perfect toy for my kids at Christmas or birthdays when the wrapping paper and boxes are always the best part for them. And why do they easily become uninterested in toys when pots and pans and are always fun? I love those simple pleasures in life that kids are so in tune with. Going outside, watching an ant run around, helping stir the pancake batter, throwing a rock, giggling, playing pick-a-boo, sitting down to read a book, finding a familiar face in a picture, bath time, finding the penny that was dropped, immitating daddy, finding a letter in your hand, singing popcorn, smiling, holding the spoon, making messes, playing around, giving a hug, getting a hug, fishy kisses, waving, make believe, moving (being mobile), coloring, catching a cricket, babbling and on and on. If only, I just took time to see how important those things are in life, to enjoy them more. More importantly if I could see how important those things are to my children, to walk in their shoes and look through their eyes and adapt that simple perspective, I would be a better person. A better mom. More patient, loving, happy, humble and most importantly full of love for those and that around me. I realize I must be a good example for them, however I am so grateful for the example they are to me! I love you Porter and Mason.

1 comment:

Joyzelle said...

Great Insight...
the common phrase for this is to stop and smell the roses. Kids are so natural at this and we need to break old bad habits and do it too.