Thursday, October 2, 2008

Doing HAIR




Although I have my cosmetology license I don't practice it all the time. I usually don't advertise too much. My true love (besides Brent) is medicine, but when I get to cut or color someones hair I really enjoy it. Not only is it nice to spend time with that person and talk one on one but I love the outcome! Making someone look and feel better about the way they look is so exciting. My absolute favorite is to do an extreme makeover, but a retouch, cut or color is very satisfying. I wish I took more before and after shots. It's so fascinating to see what a little cut, color or just product and do to a persons appearance and self esteem.



Camille and I get
together about every month or so taking
turns to do each others hair. It is a fun play
day for our children and a whole day to
catch up on things. I love those days I get
to hang out with my sister. Not to
mention, our children have a blast.




A few BEFORE and AFTER shots, can you tell I specialize in the guys cuts?

SLADE















MIKE













MASON










JARED













In the process...




Did you know?....Here's a fun fact about me. I worked for Sport Clips for about 8 months and while there entered into a nation wide competition. We had to send in before and after shots of our the cuts we did that we felt were the 'in' style with a write up about how it fit their life style and physique. I ended up being one of the 10 winners who were flown to Texas to meet the Sport Clips owners, stay in a high end hotel, given models to cut their hair, surprised with a $500 shopping spree and had posters made to hang up in the store we were working in. It was a really fun experience.





Beauty School...


Oh the memories. 1600 hours
spent in that building making
friends, learning to do hair hair
and more hair.




Camille and I off to take the state exam to get our license!! We PASSED!!


4 comments:

Brianne said...

I knew that you had a twin sister but its just so weird to see a picture of you two together. I think it would be so fun to have a twin!

Jen said...

It is weird to see you together! Eliott and I kept saying that too! I so look forward to you cutting my hair, if only to give you a satisfying feel though. I do it all for you!!

BUIS LIFE... said...

I had no idea you cut hair! I'm thinking about coloring it, so I may just give you a call. :)

Jacque said...

k I think I'm going crazy...but did you ever perm my hair?? I swear that freckled-person looks like a younger version of me and i can't figure it out!!