Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

What a great Halloween. I'm not really one to dress up for Halloween as anything special or get really into it, but this year we had a great reason to be into it. We had our first Curtis Spooktacular Carnival and our year did a Trunk-or-treat. The carnival was put together by my sister Jenelle and our friend Hiedi. They thought of EVERYTHING! There was great food, carnival games, relay races, spooky treats, a pinata, pumpkin decorating, cool costumes, scary decorations and a picture booth. We were all assigned a couple things to do and it turned out AWESOME!! Thanks guys! Then there was our ward trunk-or-treat that was really fun to eat chilli, visit and check out everyone's costumes. Porter was really shy going up to everyone with his bag and saying "trick or treat". After trying to get him to say a couple times he finally just said "Please". Oh well, at least he's got manners. As for our costumes....I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do till the day before the carnival. I think my mind works best under pressure, unfortunately. I was able to get cowboy stuff for Porter from his cousin Drayton (thanks Kristen!!) I had to run into Casa Grande to get a couple things for the rest and then back home to make them. By the time I actually started it was 10pm. I didn't want to be too tired for the party so I went to bed at 2am. I got Brent's armor done (cut out from cardboard and painted) and mine about 3/4 done before I hit the sack. So the next morning I packed, made my spooky treat and finished the costumes all by about 3. By the time we got started with the carnival Mason was too tired to get his costume on so he was a football here. I then made him an Indian costume literally 5 minutes before trunk or treating. So in the end Porter was a Cowboy, Mason was an Indian, Brent was King Leonidous and I was his Queen (ya don't know her name). And here's how they turned out.
Farewell My King
Hit that Pumpkin Porter!!

Gideon (Newsie) Brayden (Pirate) Porter (Cowboy)
At the "shoot" out
Hut Hut Hike!

Awe...Look at that face :)
Tough guy
At the Trunk-or-treat
I'll have to get another shot of Mason in his Indian Costume, you couldn't see it in any of them

6 comments:

Delight said...

I love your costumes! You make a beautiful queen. I only dressed up my little one this year, but I'm thinking next year I should be creative like you! (maybe I'll steal your idea!)

US said...

I love your costume! It's so pretty. We were gonna dress up this year too, but by the time I got the kids stuff done, I was like forget it.

kate said...

good job on making the costumes! You always were quite the seamstress!

Alicia Phelps said...

I love your costumes! I can't believe you put those together so quickly! You are such a beautiful queen! I made out costumes this year too, but they didn't turn out nearly as cute as yours.

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

What cute costumes! I love the 300 king and queen. And little boys are seriously adorable no matter what you put them in =)

Brianne said...

You are so creative. I love your costumes and the pictures all turned out so cute. I love the one with you and brent kissing porter. So adorable.