Sunday, November 2, 2008

Memory Books

I've really been slacking with scrapbooks lately. so I have decided to buckle down and make some more digital scrapbooks. I think it is so important to, not only have the pictures to remember, but also to write about the times and experiences. Some ideas I have for books to do is; 'Before I was your Mother/Father', Brent's mission book, a baby book for both Porter and Mason, a family yearbook (one for each year) and a wedding book. I've only done this one ('A Love Story') so far, which is a the story write up of, well...OUR love story. it was so easy, about the cost of a normal scrapbook (when you include the book, print pictures, embellishments, tools, paper) and it wasn't so messy, esp with kids! All the write up was from Brent's, fairy tale version, of our meeting and dating, of which he used to propose. It was a whole day of fun, I was flown to Flagstaff, in a private plane, taken to NAU, where we met and he did a 30 min show for me. It was an incredible event that I wanted my children to know and see. Porter has a couple from MamaZelle (my mom), of him (a 'counting with Porter' book and a puppet book that has the history of our puppets and us performing) That he just LOVES!!! It's just so cool to see your pictures in a bound 'real' book!


3 comments:

kate said...

what website do you do these through? it's so stinkin' cute!

Alicia Phelps said...

I loved getting to read through that story too! You are such a cute couple! You need to teach me how to do the digital scrapbooks. Another plus to scrapbooking this way is that you don't have to store all the stuff! I can't wait to see the other books you make!

Alexa Mae said...

i love all your new posts! you are very creative. your halloween costumes are adorable and your kids are so dang cute. and yes, i feel like a jungle jim for a good percentage of the day...haha. i was excited for all the updates. isn't is so much fun to see them hitting new milestones??