Sunday, November 2, 2008

Marvelous MIlestones


These times make everything worth it. It's funny when Porter was really little others warned me about how hard it is when they start crawling, how many things they get into when they start walking and all the talking back when they start talking. On the contrary I have absolutely LOVED every milestone...seriously! I love the little independence they acquire as they get older! For example right now Mason in between the crawling and walking stage so he crawls without his knees. It's so funny to watch and yet it's quite efficient and doesn't ruin his pants or knees as much. It is so exiting when they roll over to see the world in the perspective they want, rather than the one mommy or daddy set them down to see. Then the mobility comes into play once crawling becomes a part of their world. It's like they are as free as a bird going from place to place, roaming around. Then, like I said is the crawling without the knees, which is just hilarious, it's just like Mogley in The Jungle Book. Walking is one of my favorites, or should I say, my back's favorites. This is where they truly become the little people. Come on we all love little. Let's not forget the joy of holding hands while walking along, one of the sweet joys of parenthood. Throughout all these moblility milestones we witness all the other little things they get to learn. Noises go from babbling to a few words to expressing them selfs with full sentances. This is the stage Porter is now in. Transitioning from a few words (although he babbles with Mason quite ofter) to full sentances. He is constantly cracking us up! We were at Stake Conference today and he was standing, facing the row behind us, working on his quite book. One of the speakers asked all of the Primary children to stand, asking parents to help them and asking the children again to stand so all would participate in reciting the 1st article of Faith. Porter was busy driving his cars on the little race track, in his own little world, or so I thought, when he kind of looked around and then at me and said "I am standing". I know such a little thing, but full sentance and he was sort of paying attention. He also will talk to Mason much how we talk to him. He will tell him not to touch something, get in Mason's face and say "mason, listen to me, stop touching that", very lovingly but just how we do so we know he is listening. These milestones are often an adjustment, but I LOVE the change! It means they are growing mentally, physically and emotionally. Brent and I are growing with them and loving the process!








No comments: