Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chores Books

Although we haven't been excellent at it lately, when we are doing our chores everyday and are organized life is so much better. I'm so proud of the responsibilities these boys take on! Porter is really getting to the age he can do things on his own. Today I told them to go clean their room, usually I have to help them stay focused and working, but today Porter really surprised me and said "mom! I'm done!" I went to check it out and sure enough, he had cleaned his whole room! BY. HIMSELF! He does a great job folding laundry, unloading the silverware from the dishwasher, loading the dishes, Putting the books away in the right place on the bookshelf (mom is kind of particular), clearing his plate after meals and making the pillows look pretty on the couch! Mason is great at picking out clothes for himself and getting dressed (usually putting things on backwards), making pillows look beautiful on the couch, cleaning up pieces of paper after a scissor attacked it, clearing his plate, getting his blanket on him all the way, picking up certain toys like all the cars up to put in the box. My friend gave me an idea to add variety to our chores, so one of the boys chores is to "pick a stick" and it's a different job every day. These chores are usually ones that are new that I get to teach them how to do and some are more fun like playing educational computer games. They really like it.







Both LOVE getting to read books! We were having a hard time at bed time lately. They want to play all night long. Then we said they could take 2 books with them to bed and they are much better. Maybe even enjoy bedtime. The other day I caught them reading or looking at the words in the Book of Mormon. What a fun thing to catch your children doing :) I love that they enjoy reading and hope it's something they'll always like doing. One of our favorite places to do together during the day is the library, that happens to be just down the street.





2 comments:

The Scotts said...

Love the chore idea, I think I'll do that too! Even from far away you inspire me!

scott family said...

Oh and what chores did you put in it?