Monday, March 7, 2011

School School and more preschool

I get the opportunity to teach my boys for preschool 2 times a month. We've been doing a preschool co-op for almost 2 years and we have loved it. We started it mostly to to save money but we get so much more than money. I love getting to see the progress my boys are making!! I'm amazed at what they are doing now compared to 2 years ago. Porter is amazing! We started out working on colors and really fun activities and have moved to writing letters and reading words! WOW! I don't think I really would have seen the progress had I not been teaching it. And hey, I can handle teaching preschool. Mason amazesas well. He is such an artist. He's really good at tracing, coloring and especially cutting things out. He loves those scissors. And he is good at telling or asking me what he's cutting out before he does it. So here are a few preschool activities we've done:


Here our preschool days when we were working on the letter combination "TR"


We made a TRain

Here's the boys working on the Christmas TRees we did in December


And we HAD to TRy green eggs after reading Green Eggs and Ham








3 comments:

US said...

I love Dray learning to read. Even though that means that when we spell things we don't want him to know he says "I know what you're spelling." And it's so fun to watch them learn it step by step. Very cute idea for preschool, and an awesome money saver. We spend $80 a month, which even that isn't that bad compared to some places.

The Scotts said...

What do you guys do for a lesson plan? Do you guys all have something you follow or do you do whatever you want?

The Scotts said...

Oh and love the train! I'm going to make Jalynn one!