Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Soccer

Coach Daddy and Mister Porter man



I had a friend that played soccer growing up and I loved how his mom was always there at every game to support him. I loved that he was part of a team. I loved that he was working for something and getting better at something and being productive. Ever since then I've always wanted to be a "Soccer Mom"!!! I don't know if I am quite considered that from only 2 seasons of it but I loved every minute!! Our first season was interesting. Porter was so excited to play and couldn't wait for his first practice. After weeks and weeks of waiting it was finally time to go!! After only about 10mins he fell his first time and was so embarrassed didn't go back out on the field, not once. That was hard to not be able to give him enough confidence to go back out. The next season, however, Daddy got to coach and it was a totally different ball game. He couldn't get enough of it! He wanted to play any minute he could and was so excited to be out there running around with friends and even scored a point by the end of the season!! YEAH! The greatest part lesson came just the other day when Mason fell down on his bike and Porter went over and told him "It's Ok Mason. Everyone falls down. It's ok" He made Mason feel better and was excited he was able to help him feel better. It was the sweetest thing. Lesson learned. :)

1 comment:

The Scotts said...

I totally agree with the soccer mom thing, I can't wait until Jalynn is old enough to be in sports!